Sometimes, you may not want this behavior. For example, you may want to make an outgoing call while one of the phone lines is ringing. Or, it may simply become a matter of user preference. Luckily, within Cisco Unified CME, there are options.
The Automatic Line Selection feature allows you to specify the behavior of the phone when the handset is lifted. This is a per-phone setting.
Automatic Line Selection Options
- auto-line : Picking up the handset answers the first ringing line or, if no line is ringing, selects the first idle line. (default)
- no auto-line : Pressing the Answer soft key answers the first ringing line, and pressing a line button selects a line for an outgoing call. Picking up the handset does not answer calls or provide dial tone.
- auto-line incoming : Picking up the handset answers the first ringing line, but if no line is ringing, it does not select an idle line for an outgoing call. Pressing a line button selects a line for an outgoing call.
- auto-line button-number : Picking up the handset for an outgoing call selects the line associated with the button-number argument. If a button number is specified and the line associated with that button is unavailable (because it is a shared line in use on another phone), no dial tone is heard when the handset is lifted. You must press an available line button to make an outgoing call. Incoming calls must be answered by pressing the Answer soft key or pressing a ringing line button.
- auto-line answer-incoming : Pressing the Answer soft key or picking up the handset answers an incoming call on the line associated with the specified button. Picking up the handset for outgoing calls selects the line associated with the specified button.
Automatic Line Sample Configuration
The following example assigns no automatic line selection to phone 1, the default automatic line selection behavior to phone 2, and assigns automatic line selection for incoming calls only to phone 3:
button 1:1 2:3 3:21
button 1:4 2:3 3:21
button 1:6 2:3 3:21
The following example enables automatic selection of line button 1 when the handset is lifted to answer incoming calls or to make outgoing calls.
auto-line 1 answer-incoming
button 1:1 2:2 3:3
Configuring Automatic Line Selection
Post a Comment